GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 869.19 posting profits of 2.30%, in a turnover of €55.76mn.
The Prime Minister Mr. Antonis Samaras will host a meeting with his government coalition partners tomorrow (7 p.m. local time) ahead of the return of troika to Greece on Thursday. The government’s aim is to resolve all pending issues before the next scheduled summit of eurozone finance ministers on April 12, when a decision is to be made on whether to release €2.8bn in rescue funding to Greece.
- Greek Banks: The total deposits held by domestic residents and companies rose to €164.2bn from €160.9bn in January and €161.4bn in December (BoG). BoG sent letters to NBG, Alpha Bank and Piraeus asking the administrations to proceed at a rapid pace with the procedures for completion of their recapitization, asking that by the end of next week at the latest they will have proceeded with the convening of their General Assemblies to approve share capital increases in the context of the recapitalisation.
- NBG:The chief executive officer Mr. Alexandros Tourkolias said that the merger of NBG and Eurobank is set to proceed as planned. At the same time, the tender for the sale of the Astir Palace Hotel at Vouliagmeni attracted 14 bids from domestic and foreign investors in its first phase.
- Cypriot Banks:The deposits held by households in February dipped to €34.2bn from €34.9bn in January and €35.7bn in December (Cyprus central bank). Please note that Cyprus is expected to complete its negotiations with the troika this week and is expected to receive its first bailout tranche in early May. In other news, BoC in Romania said that it is suspending its operations in the country for a week and plans to sell the bank.
FTSE 25 June future:
- Support levels: 266-260-255. Resistance levels: 278-286-290.
- Support levels: 850-830-801. Resistance levels: 885-910-930.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.