GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 936.57 posting losses of 2.79%, in a turnover of €67.82mn.
The Prime Minister Mr. Antonis Samaras expressed his confidence about the prospects of the Greek economy. It is likely that a meeting between troika representatives and Mr. Samaras will take place on the weekend in order to resolve a number of issues between the Greek government and its lenders.
The unemployment rate fell for the first time in over a year in December at 26.4% from November’s record high of 26.6% and 21.4% in December 2011 (ELSTAT).
- Folli Follie: The stock will be added to the FTSE AllCap index on March 18.
- OPAP: The net profits dropped by 6% to €505.5mn from €537.5mn, in line with the company’s earlier guidance for net profit of €496mn. The revenues dropped by 8.9% to €3.97bn. The company will pay a dividend of €0.57 per share (-0.21%). We remind that during a presentation of its 2013-2022 business plan to potential investors last month, the company said its net profit was likely to drop 77% to €116mn in 2013, due to higher taxes and investment.
- OPAP, PPC, NBG, Alpha Bank and Eurobank: The shares will be deleted from the Developed Europe Mid-Caps index and they will be added to the Developed Europe Small Caps index on March 18. The same stocks are also pulled out of the FTSE All World index.
- BoC, Marfin Bank: The shares will be deleted from the Developed Europe Small Caps index on March 18.
FTSE 25 March future:
- Support levels: 300-295-290. Resistance levels: 314-322-330.
- Support levels: 930-910-880. Resistance levels: 958-970-985.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.