GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,111.71posting marginal profits of 0.11%, in a turnover of €117.55mn.
The IMF warned that Greece will need to adopt new austerity measures of €6.7bn from 2014 to 2016 in order to make its fiscal adjustment targets. This is €2.6bn more than foreseen in the agreement between Greece and its creditors. Moreover, the IMF reiterated its view that an additional haircut in the official sector is required for the Greek debt to drop below 124% of GDP by 2020.
Greece stayed in deflation territory for the seventh month in a row in September as consumer prices fell 1.1% on an annual basis, after a drop of 1.3% in August (ELSTAT).
- Greek banks: The central bank governor Mr. George Provopoulos said that banks will have to prove they have enough capital to withstand another two years of recession under the «adverse» scenario of stress tests being carried out in Greece. He added that it is imperative that the unused funds amounting to between €8 to €9bn remain available as a backstop for the banking sector.
- Aegean Airlines: The company won EU approval to buy Olympic Air, two years after the Brussels-based watchdog blocked a previous attempt because it would create a Greek air monopoly. Aegean would emerge as the sole Greek domestic carrier anyway because Olympic was likely to close in the near future.
- Jumbo: The company will not distribute dividend this year, as it will pay down debt in May (€145mn).
FTSE 25 October future:
- Support levels: 362-356-348. Resistance levels: 374-380-386.
- Support levels: 1,090-1,070- 1,050. Resistance levels: 1,115-1,130-1,159.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.