GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 929.69 posting losses of 2.38%, in a turnover of €42.16mn.
The Greek economy contracted by 5.7% in the final quarter of 2012 compared to a year earlier, while the overall contraction of the economy in 2012 reached at 6.4%. The total final consumption expenditure recorded a decrease of 9%, while the gross fixed capital formation decreased by 10.3%. The external trade deficit decreased by 17.5% (ELSTAT).
The new head of Greece’s privatization agency is the CEO of the Athens Water Supply and Sewerage Company Mr. Stelios Stavridis, after Mr. Athanasopoulos’s resignation.
- NBG: According to Bloomberg, Dolphin Capital Investors Ltd. plans to bid for the Astir Palace resort in Athens. The bank and the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, which own the property, put out an international public tender on Jan. 16 as part of the government’s €50bn asset disposal program.
- Titan Cement: The company issued a statement saying that it has no plans to move its headquarters from Greece.
- Cypriot Banks: a) The economy contracted by 3.4% in the fourth quarter of 2012 from a year earlier. The finance ministry had predicted that GDP will contract 2.4% in 2012 and shrink further by 3.5% in 2013 b) The President Mr. Nicos Anastasiades did not confirm reports that his country is planning to ask Greece for €2bn from its €48bn bank recapitalization program to support Cypriot lender.
FTSE 25 March future:
- Support levels: 300-295-290. Resistance levels: 312-320-324.
- Support levels: 918-910-880. Resistance levels: 958-970-985.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.