GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 926.91 posting significant profits of 2.63%, in a turnover of €66.17mn.
The rate of unemployment sharply rose in January to a record high of 27.2 a downwardly revised 25.7% in December (ELSTAT). Greece’s unemployment rate was the highest of any euro-zone nation and more than doubles the average rate for the bloc as a whole, which was 12.0% in January.
The Administrative and Reform Minister Mr. Antonis Manitakis said that talks with the troika over the overhaul of the public sector will be finalized next week.
- Intralot: The are rumors that the compnay will pull out of the running for OPAP’s state stake. Nevertheless, the company refuted the rumoros.
- NBG, Eurobank: S&P’s affirmed its ‘CCC/C’ long- and short-term counterparty credit ratings on both banks. The outlook is negative. The affirmation follows the banks’ announcement that they would be recapitalized independently of each other. Furthermore, Moody’s argued that two banks’ inability to attract private capital is credit negative for the banks and will likely translate into full nationalization of the two banks by abolishing their private-sector shareholder structure and management autonomy.
- Alpha Bank: The bank will hold its second repeat shareholders meeting on April 16 to seek approval for a €4.57bn capital increase. The bank did not achieve the necessary quorum in its first repeat meeting yesterday.
FTSE 25 June future:
- Support levels: 294-286-280. Resistance levels: 308-312-318.
- Support levels: 910-880-860. Resistance levels: 950-960-975.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.