GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,207.82 posting heavy losses of 3.44%, in a turnover of €149.26mn.
The general government deficit reached €23.1bn or 12.7% of GDP in 2013. The general government debt at a nominal value amounted to €318.7bn or 175.1% of GDP (ELSTAT).
The Deputy Finance Minister Mr. Christos Staikouras said that the central government posted a primary budget surplus, before interest payments, of €1.6bn in the first quarter, widening by more than three times from the same period last year. The reading was also far above an interim €878mn surplus target for January to March.
- Greek Banks: ECB funding to Greek banks fell further in March to €57.81bn from €59.42bn in the previous month, while emergency liquidity assistance from the Bank of Greece (ELA) dropped to €2.88bn from €8.57bn over the same period.
- Eurobank Properties: The General meeting approved the distribution of a dividend of €0.18 per share.
- NBG: The BoD may convene today to announce the EGM (reported date is May 9-10) for a share capital increase of around €2.5 bn. The bank is expected to submit to BoG today its capital plan targeting to cover the €2.183bn capital requirement.
FTSE 25 April future:
- Support levels: 385-380-375. Resistance levels: 398-405-410.
- Support levels: 1,200-1,190-1,180. Resistance levels: 1,235-1,250-1,280.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.