GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 960.42 posting losses of 0.81%, in a turnover of €134.36mn.
- Greek Banks: The three major banking groups, as well as the Hellenic Postbank are interested in acquiring the Greek branches of the Cypriot banks (BoC, Cyprus Popular Bank and Hellenic Bank).
- Cypriot Banks:The Cypriot Parliament has postponed until today at 6 p.m. the debate on the bill for the bailout package that will include amendments in order to get the House’s vote after the Eurogoup’s decision, which deposits of more than 100k will be hit with a 9.9% charge, while under that threshold the levy drops to 6.75%. However, Eurozone finance ministers agreed yesterday night that Cyprus should be allowed to tweak a controversial bank deposit tax agreed early Saturday morning in Brussels as long as it still raises the arranged amount. Furthermore, Russia has made no decision yet on whether to extend the duration or ease the terms of a sovereign loan to Cyprus. Please note that Russian banks had about $12bn placed with Cypriot banks at the end of 2012.
- OTE: Fitch affirmed its Long-Term Issuer Default Rating and its senior unsecured ratings at B-. These ratings have simultaneously been removed from Rating Watch Negative (RWN) and been assigned a Negative Outlook. The agency has simultaneously withdrawn all the ratings.
FTSE 25 June future:
- Support levels: 302-295-290. Resistance levels: 314-320-328.
- Support levels: 930-910-880. Resistance levels: 985-992-1,003.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.