GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,293.97 posting losses of 0.72%, in a turnover of €112.66mn.
The central bank governor Mr. George Provopoulos said that Greece needs bolder reforms to overhaul its economy and make it more competitive to support its fragile recovery. He added that the accumulation of Greek banks’ non-performing loans was a cause for concern but reiterated that the country’s bank bailout fund HFSF has a buffer of over €8bn to meet any further capital needs.
- MSCI rebalancing: ΟΤΕ: 20.5% from 17.95%, OPAP: 15.85% from 18.01%, Piraeus Bank: 13.53% from 9.1%, NBG: 8.52% from 11.01%, PPC: 8.82% from 9.4%, Jumbo: 8.78% from 7.9%, Titan: 7.7% from 7.8%, Alpha Bank: 7.36% from 8.25%, Folli Follie: 5.14% from 4.9% and Hellenic Petroleum: 3.76% from 5.8%.
- Greek Banks: BoG will announce the results of stress tests for its major banks next week. In other news, Greece’s international lenders have agreed that a lower capital ratio can be used in a second stress test of the country’s major banks, bringing it in line with a European banking benchmark (Reuters).
- JUMBO: The net profits fro H1’ 2013/14 amounted to €58.97mn (+4.45%), with EBITDA of 84.63mn (+12.56%). The net sales increased by 7.23% to €316.74mn.
- Titan cement: The sales for 2013 amounted to €1.176bn (+4%), while EBITDA marginally improved to €196mn. The net losses were €36mn vs. -€24.5mn. The net debt decreased by €57mn to €539mn.
- Hellenic Petroleum: The group for 2013 reported losses of €269mn from profits of €86mn in 2012, due to the weak margins, despite improved operational performance from all business units. EBITDA decreased by 60% to €178mn. The net debt amounted to €1.7bn vs. €1.9bn a year earlier.
FTSE 25 March future:
- Support levels: 412-406-400. Resistance levels: 426-432-440.
- Support levels: 1,280-1,250-1,220. Resistance levels: 1,320-1,350-1,380.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.