GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,220.16 posting profits of 1.04%, in a turnover of €185.36mn.
- FF Group, Alpha Bank, PPC: Q1’14 results.
- NBG: The bank, reported higher-than-expected profit in the first quarter, helped by lower funding costs, its Turkish unit Finansbank and reduced provisions for bad loans. The group posted net earnings of €181mn (est: €24mn). Finansbank contributed €63μν million euros of profit, despite the significant rise in Turkish interest rates and a challenging quarter in that market. Provisions for nonperforming loans fell 15% to €362mn. NPLs rose to 23% of its book from 22.5% at the end of 2013.
- OPAP: The management said it expects revenue to grow by a double-digit percentage this year, thanks to the planned launch of new games. The company would also expand into online sports betting by June 2, in time for the soccer World Cup in Brazil. The firm also plans to launch 16,5 K videolotto terminals by the end of next year.
- Greek Banks: Business and household deposits rose to €161.3bn from €161.02bn in March (BoG).
- Eurobank: The bank in Q1’14 recorded net losses of €207mn versus -€913mn in Q4’2013. The pre-provision income ongoing recovery by 9.0% q-o-q to €194mn.The Common Equity Tier I ratio (CET1) amounted to 17.7% post the €2.864mn share capital increase. Nonperforming credit rose to 30.9% of its loan book from 29.4% in the last quarter of 2013.
- ΜΟΗ: The group in Q1’14 announced net losses of €8.2mn vs. losses of €12.1mn a year earlier. EBITDA decreased by 28% to €38.9mn.
FTSE 25 June future:
- Support levels: 386-380-375. Resistance levels: 400-408-415.
- Support levels: 1,200-1,185-1,150. Resistance levels: 1,230-1,250-1,265.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.