GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 847.57 posting profits of 2.51%, in a turnover of €51.36mn.
Today, the troika officials will be in Athens. The issue expected to dominate talks is the troika’s demand for the induction of 12,5k civil servants into a so-called mobility scheme.The new Administrative Reform Minister Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis is expected to ask the troika for a two-month extension for the completion of the scheme.
- PPC: The electricity rates will be fully deregulated in Greece as of today, but the head of Public PPC Mr. Arthuros Zervos announced that there will be no changes to the pricing policy of the power giant for the next few months at least. Asked about the privatization of PPC, Mr. Zervos said that he is still awaiting a decision from the government, adding that he was not sure how the government plans to implement a scheme for the transfer of 30% of PPC’s client base to a new smaller, and rival, entity.
- Greek Banks: According to Reuters, the bank rescue fund hired Rothschild and Goldman Sachs as advisers on the sale of lenders Proton and Hellenic Postbank. Please note that Alpha Bank expressed its interest in buying Hellenic Postbank.
- Cypriot Banks: Fitch downgraded Cyprus’s Long-term local currency Issuer Default Rating to Restricted Default from ‘CCC’ following confirmation from the Cypriot government that the exchange of a number of domestic law government bonds has been completed.
FTSE 25 September future:
- Support levels: 280-274-268. Resistance levels: 292-300-306.
- Support levels: 828-810-790. Resistance levels: 880-900-910.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.