GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,169.01 posting losses of 2.16%, in a turnover of €84.44mn.
Moody’s will announce its credit rating on Greece today. Note that Greece’s rating by Moody’s stands at Caa3 with a stable outlook.
Retail sales by volume fell 3.8% in May compared to the same month last year, after a downwardly revised 7.1% rise in April (ELSTAT).
KEPE said that its estimate that the economy has started expanding again since Q2, reflecting the stabilization conditions that dominate Greece’s economy. It estimates a 0.6% growth for this year.
Citigroup has changed its forecast on the course of Greek economy from a 0.6% contraction this year to 0.3% growth, to be followed by 1.3% growth next year.
The Development Minister Mr. Nikos Dendias said that Greece may cut energy costs for business even without European Union approval, adding that the issue of lower energy costs will be raised by the Greek government with European Commission President-elect JMr. ean-Claude Juncker when he visits Athens on Monday.
- Titan Cement: The profits for the first half of the year amounted to €2.9mn vs. losses of €21.8mn a year earlier. The sales increased by 3.9% to €571.2mn. The net debt declined by 3.7% to €490mn.
- Intralot: The Company confirmed previous reports by appearing as the sole bidder in a tender for the license to operate Greek horse-race betting held by state privatization fund TAIPED.
- Cypriot Banks: According to IMF, Cyprus is likely to return to growth next year, but it cautioned the outlook was tempered by tensions over Ukraine and banks’ rising bad loans. It also said that it expected Cyprus would require additional fiscal efforts to achieve a sustainable primary surplus target of 4% by 2018.
FTSE 25 September future:
- Support levels: 368-362-356. Resistance levels: 382-390-398.
- Support levels: 1,155-1,138-1,120. Resistance levels: 1,185-1,200-1,220.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.