GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 608.62 posting profits of 1.76%, in a low turnover of €15.62mn.
The meeting between the three political leaders focused on privatizations’ issues. The Prime Minister Mr. Antonis Samaras assigned the government’s general secretary the preparation of a draft law that will include a total of 77 administrative acts to facilitate privatizations. Another meeting will be held at 6 p.m. today.
The Hellenic Republic will auction 26 Weeks T-Bills today. The amount to be auctioned is €625mn (previous interest rate: 4.70%).
- 08/08 Mytilineos, Metka H1’12 results (before market)
- Banks: NBG is going to submit a bid to buy Credit Agricole’s Emporiki Bank. Alpha Bank said last week it had made an offer for Emporiki, and Eurobank announced it is examining a buyout, but hasn’t submitted a proposal yet. Interest from the potential buyers is seen as being strong, according to industry people who expect all three bids to be tabled by the middle of the week (Reuters).
- Cypriot Banks: a) According to documents seen by Reuters, troika found the economy in a «worse state than expected» and in need of painful adjustment in coming months b) The Cypriot government said that the Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin and his Cypriot counterpart Mr. Demetris Christofias discussed further economic cooperation between the two countries during a phone conversation yesterday.
- 08/09 OTE H1’12 results (before market)
FTSE 20 September future:
- Support levels: 212-208-200. Resistance levels: 228-236-242.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.