GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 1,338.68 posting losses of 0.19%, in a turnover of €137.16mn.
The Eurogroup urged Greece to implement the reforms and to reach an agreement with troika.
The consumer prices fell 1.1% (est: -1.3%) in February, with the annual pace of deflation decelerating from the previous month. The EU-harmonized deflation rate slowed to -0.9% (est: -1.4%) from -1.4% in January.
- Greek Banks: Moody’s said that it is credit positive that the Greek banks’ capital needs are within the HFSF’s capacity.
- Alpha Bank: The bank posted 2013 net profit of €2.92 bl, thanks to an accounting gain on its acquisition of Emporiki Bank. Excluding write-back, it posted losses of €304mn from a loss of €1.08bn in 2012. Provisions for non-performing loans rose 15.4% to €1.92bn, with NPLs decreasing to 32.7% of its book from 32.9% in the end of the third quarter. The bank expects further improvement to its core revenues from decreased funding costs in 2014. Note that the bank plans a share offering of up to €1.2bn to boost its capital and pay back €940mn of preferred shares owned by the state.
- Jumbo: The 5.915.642 new common shares (bonus:1 new for 22 old) starts trading today.
- Cypriot banks: The Governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus Mr. Panicos Demetriade resigned. His resignation was accepted by the President Mr. Nicos Anastasiades.
FTSE 25 March future:
- : Support levels: 424-418-412. Resistance levels: 438-446-452.
- Support levels: 1,320-1,305-1,280. Resistance levels: 1,360-1,380-1,400.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.