GREEK FINANCIAL MARKET
The General Index in Athens Stock Exchange (ASE) closed at 536.94 posting heavy losses of 3.41% in a turnover of €47.71mn.
Fitch downgraded the long-term credit rating for Greece to CCC from B, reflecting the heightened risk that Greece may not be able to sustain its membership of Economic and Monetary Union. This action comes in the wake of the May 6 elections, which was dominated by strong support for anti-bailout parties. An exit from the euro was probable if politicians fail to form a government after the next round of elections.
The IMF Managing Director, Mrs. Christine Lagarde said that a Greek exit from the euro area would be extremely expensive and hard.
The Outgoing Greek Prime Minister Mr. Lucas Papademos warned that a rejection of the EU-IMF memorandum would lead the country out of the eurozone.
- OPAP: The net profits in Q1’12 fell 21% to €131.9mn (est: €130mn) from €166.9mn in Q1’11 on higher net-interest expenses (€6.9mn) and lower sales. The sales declined 5% to €1.07bn (est: €1.06bn), while EBITDA fell to €184.4mn (est: €183mn) from214.2mn.
- MYTILINEOS: It posted consolidated turnover for Q1’12 at €358.6mn vs. €281.1mn (+28% y-o-y), due to the increased contribution of the Energy sector. EBITDA stood at €40.9mn vs. €43.8mn, while net profits stood at €10mn vs. 15mn in Q1’10, as the EPC Projects Sector was for yet another quarter the strongest performer among all the Group’s business activity areas.
- ΜΕΤΚΑ: The company posted EBITDA of €27.8mn, up 7.5% y-o-y, net profits of €23.5mn, up 33% y-o-y and revenues of €170.7mn in Q1’12, up 5.3% y-o-y, due to the smooth progress in the implementation of the Company’s signed contracts abroad.
- Marfin popular Bank: The Cypriot lender said that the Republic of Cyprus will underwrite a €1.8bn equity issue by Cyprus Popular Bank to help recapitalize the bank.
- Ellaktor: It is planning to sell its 15.3% stake in Casino Mont Parnes, north of Athens, in order to reduce borrowing and augment liquidity.
- FTSE 20 June future: Support levels: 190-182-176. Resistance levels: 206-214-222.
The information that EUROCORP (henceforth the “Company”) provides via the web page eurocorp.gr, can be used only for informative aims and not for commercial, investment or other purposes. They cannot be considered as offer, advice, or proposal for purchase or sale of securities issued by companies that are reported in the web page of the Company, or as prompt on the realisation of any form of investments. The Company is not by any chance accountable for commercial or investment decisions that will be taken based on this information.
The information emanates from sources that are available in public and are generally considered reliable. The Company overwhelm each possible effort for the verification of the validity of this information. Nevertheless, the Company is not committed as for the precision, plenitude and safety of information and consequently no responsibility arises for the company from the use of this information.
The use of web page eurocorp.gr is under the exclusive responsibility of each user, who accepts that the information and services, are provided “as such” and “depending on the availability”, without any guarantee of the Company, indicatively reported the guarantees of satisfactory quality or appropriateness for concrete aims.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If you do not have it already, you may download it from Adobe’s website by clicking the icon on the right.